Last Friday's Give & Gain Day saw the largest ever number of employee volunteers out doing projects in their communities. Here are the figures:
- 13,328 employee volunteers in the UK, from 190 different businesses;
- 24,041 employee volunteers globally across 29 countries;
- an estimated £1,078,097 worth of time invested in UK communities;
- an estimated 93,261 hours (2,665 working weeks) of time volunteered by UK businesses;
- 400 UK community organizations receiving support.
For the second year running, Society was one of the national sponsors of Give & Gain Day. Our own team spent the day delivering CV writing and interview skills workshops for a North London charity called The Parent House.